What is rosacea?
Rosacea causes redness on the face. It can also cause bumps and pimples.
The severity of the complaints can vary considerably; it can sometimes cause a lot of suffering. You might even be embarrassed by it, and so avoid going outside. Rosacea is very common, especially in women over the age of 30 with light skin. Fortunately, there are some effective treatments to control rosacea.
What can you do yourself to combat rosacea?
- Protect your face from the sun as much as possible.
- Use a broad-spectrum sunscreen with SPF 30 or higher every day, all year round.
- Do not use normal soap to wash your face, as this irritates your skin.
- Avoid/be sensible with factors that trigger complaints, such as alcohol, hot drinks, hot and humid climates/environments (sauna, hot showers), spicy food, and excessive physical exertion.
- Specially formulated creams can help reduce or camouflage the redness. These are mild products and products that contain vitamin C.
- Take good care of your eyes, even if you don’t have any complaints. If you have dry eyes, you can use artificial tears.
Rosacea treatment in Amsterdam
We can completely understand that you don’t like having red cheeks or a red nose all the time. The other side-effects, such as painful skin and dry, painful eyes can also be really unpleasant. That’s why we at Amsterdam Cosmetic Clinic offer effective treatments to tackle rosacea. In consultation with you, the skin therapist explores your options and draws up a personal treatment plan. We offer high-quality laser treatments to combat rosacea. Peels and mild cosmeceuticals also deliver a great result.
Laser treatments for rosacea
The light from the laser heats up the red blood cells in the affected area, causing the blood to heat up and the vascular wall to break down. The body then clears up the blood vessels. The skin might still be a little red and swollen for a few hours to a day after the treatment.
Peels for rosacea
A combination of peels and laser treatments is the most effective way to treat rosacea. We start off with a chemical peel, which soothes the skin and reduces inflammation. Once the inflammation has subsided, we can treat the blood vessels with the laser.
What kind of result can I expect from a rosacea treatment?
The results will vary from person to person, depending on your situation. The blood vessels might disappear straight away or they might stay the same for a while. They might also briefly go darker and disappear over time. On average, five to seven treatments are required with a gap of two to four weeks between each treatment.
Do you want to say goodbye to your rosacea? Make an appointment now
Are you tired of those unsightly red patches on your face? We’re here to help you! Contact us for more information or make an appointment.